The Sports Goods Market
In Southern Europe
After the tremendous success of our report on the Northern European sporting goods market (2007), we published in 2008 a 1,700-page report on the sports goods markets in 18 countries in Southeastern Europe, in the Mediterranean Basin and in the Iberian peninsula.
The report consists of four volumes:
- Volume 1: Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia
- Volume 2: Romania, Albania, Bulgaria, Moldova
- Volume 3: Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Malta
- Volume 4: Spain, Andorra, Gibraltar, Portugal
The sporting goods market research published so far has concentrated on the larger European markets such as the UK, Germany or Italy, neglecting the smaller ones. As part of a 3-year project commissioned by FSPA, the journalistic team of SPORTING GOODS INTELLIGENCE EUROPE has analyzed every single country in Western Europe, starting with the Northern European countries, and now continuing with the Southern European countries. For each country, the research reviews 120 different topics including:
- Trends in sports participation and governmental initiatives to promote sports activities
- Import-export statistics from the last few years
- Profiles of important companies in the sector
- Overall market size data and growth, with details on apparel, footwear and equipment and on the market for 10 major sports categories (fitness, team sports, golf and racket sports, running, cycling, action sports, water sports, outdoor sports, cue sports)
- Structure and development of the supply chain at the wholesale and retail levels, with an analysis of the distribution strategies and channels, including the fashion circuit and the internet
- Consumers' attitudes toward sporting goods and marketing
- Ways of entering the market and optimizing brand penetration
In addition, each country report includes listings of important distributors, retailers and other useful contacts.
Please ask for your executive summaries by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Price of the reports :
All four volumes: €900 instead of €1,800
One volume only: €300 instead of €600
One country only: €150
Please note that some of these reports are not available in the hard copy format anymore. We can send them in pdf format instead. If you are an SGI subscriber, you will benefit from a 20% discount on the above prices.